BiCon has a long history of making equality and access a priority within the limits of our non-profit volunteer structure. Each year many people donate to make the Access Fund possible.
The Access Fund exists to make BiCon more possible for people who are experiencing a financial, accessibility or equality hardship.
Please remember – you can also pay in instalments. Please see the tickets page for how to pay a little at a time.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE ACCESS FUND
- Book an unwaged ticket on the tickets page. Choose weekend/accommodation/day ticket as appropriate.
- Tick "I would like to apply to the Access Fund" at the bottom of the booking form, under Access Needs.
- Proceed to Payments (you will not be charged!)
- Choose the 'invoice' option
- We will email you a form to fill in and send back
CAN I APPLY TO THE ACCESS FUND?
Anyone can apply, and we encourage you to apply anyway if you're unsure.
The fund can be used to reduce prices for your tickets, or to fund extra costs of your visit to BiCon in particular circumstances.
Here are some examples of when we might give funding:
- Ahmed is disabled and needs support during BiCon. Ahmed's friend Robert is a bisexual ally and has volunteered to support Ahmed in the mornings and nights at BiCon. The Access Fund could fund Robert's BiCon.
- Beth lives with her partner Ellen and their toddler. Ellen has just lost her job; Beth works part-time in a call centre. Beth's sister has agreed to care for their child, but they still cannot afford the full cost of two BiCon bookings. The Access Fund could reduce Beth's BiCon to the unwaged rate.
- Rupy is a student. She has large debts from university fees and loans for the cost of living. The Access Fund could reduce Rupy's registration costs.
- Felix lost his job a month ago and is still waiting to receive benefits. The Access Fund could reduce some of the costs of his BiCon.
- Anita is Deaf and has asked for help hearing people during BiCon. The Access Fund could be used to hire equipment for them to use at BiCon.
- Kwasi can only walk a short distance and is worried about the distance between buildings at BiCon. The Access Fund could be used to pay for some taxis for him.
GIVE TO THE ACCESS FUND
Your donations to the Access Fund, large or small, can make a huge difference. Donations to the Access Fund will not be used for anything else and the identity of donors is kept confidential.
To donate, email email@example.com and tell us you'd like to donate to the Access Fund, and how much you'd like to give. We will issue or reissue your BiCon invoice, and you can pay in the same way as for tickets.