10 easy demographics questions we could graph – here you go:
Some general comments from the 36 people who filled in the demographics survey:
- If you have any comments or feedback about accessibility and support please put them here (general comments only nothing identifying).
– there's a general theme that access was better as the event was online this year and so more people could attend who normally couldn't as they were housebound or carers
– more captioning would be great, but it's understood about how expensive it is
– some people found zoom difficult for access reasons but understood that 2020 was a bit limited in options we could use at short notice
- Anything else to tell us?
– Lots of thanks (thank you!)
– a hope for future bicons to have zoom or online streams to help people attend.
- Other comments about access and equalities at bicon 2020?
– some found it hard to book onto workshops as they were taken up in advance and they didn't understand how to book on – more sessions were needed or more presenters so the sessions could be duplicated
– more inclusivity for BIPOC asked for, code of conduct asked for to be zero tolerance to racist words or behaviour
– continue anti racism training